Thursday, November 25, 2010

16 DIFFERENT WAYS TO SUNDAY ...




So here it is, I’m at the start again, and trying to make sense of this crazy lil thing hat shall remain nameless.

I know that people believe that they are being helpful. I know that they think that wisdom is the thing that I crave. What they don’t get is that the thing I need most is CONSISTENCY… and I need it in all things, particularly in things concerning MY HEART.

I’m constantly being told to turn myself around – as in reinvent myself. Everyone knows PRECISELY what’s right for me, and it’s all conflicting.

Be forthcoming … be mysterious; tell him what’s on your mind … don’t say anything; be shy … be bold…

WTF??! There’s only one of me; yet everyone is trying to break me into tiny little pieces. Am I really that naïve? Is it that the life I’ve led in the past forty-odd years has really left me so cloistered and unprepared for the world?

I don’t think that I’m seeking the impossible, and I don’t believe that I’m being unreasonable. I require very little to keep me happy … I want respect, trust, love, affection, honesty … consistency. I could demand these things, but I don’t. I TRUST that the man who wants to be with me will willingly give these things and give them abundantly.

It is still amazing for me to have to realize that as a WOMAN, I’m the one who has to bend myself 16 different ways to Sunday to please the male of the species. Question is, who is bending himself into knots and twists just to keep me happy? And is he going to do so willingly and be patient while I figure out what it is I really need?

Should you be strolling through town and you find one or more of these gems, would you kindly send him way? The fact is that I have found one of them … he just doesn’t know how wonderful he Is as yet … but he will! (Wink, wink)

3 comments:

Reggie said...

When we know that someone that we care about has an issue, it seems that we're quick to give advice. Maybe we do that because we care. But the truth is that sometimes when we have an issue, we just want to be heard. We're not interested in advice.

Sometime I guess it's hard to just shut the hell up.

The Blog of Bee said...

Sometimes, just sometimes you have to advertise: 'Wanted: A contortionist. Must be willing to bend' !!

Trinitee Sees said...

@ Reggie: EXACTLY!!! Can't some of us just be a sounding board???

@ Bee: I will have to give that ad some thought!